Stagecoach Group launches new corporate app
27 Jun 2012
- Easy on and offline viewing of key documents and multimedia content
- iPhone and iPad versions, with app for Android devices also in development
- Latest enhancement of Group digital communications capability
Stagecoach Group has launched a new corporate app to allow investors, analysts and the media quick and easy access to key information and to keep up-to-date with company developments.
The company has worked with digital corporate communications experts Investis to develop the new free apps for iPhone and iPad.
An app for Android devices is currently in development and will be launched shortly.
The Stagecoach Group Media and Investor app gives users access to core corporate content, including press releases, regulatory news, share price feed and charts, and key contacts.
It makes available a suite of Group documents, including annual reports and corporate policy material, as well as multimedia content. The app also includes the Group financial calendar and lets users sign up for event reminders.
Equipped with a range of smart technology, the app incorporates download and streaming managers. It allows on and offline viewing, with both portrait and landscape views. The touch-screen design has full usability features, such as swiping, pinching and tapping.
Steven Stewart, Stagecoach Group Director of Communications, said: "We have significantly enhanced our digital communications capability in recent months. The new app and its smart technology can deliver text, data and video, both on and offline. It means investors, analysts, the media and other stakeholders can stay informed anytime, anywhere."
The new facility comes just weeks after the launch of a mobile version of the Group’s website, www.m.stagecoach.com. Earlier this year, Stagecoach also launched a corporate Twitter account, @stagecoachgroup, where the communications team is posting news, comment and images about the business and transport issues.
Rupert Spiegelberg, Strategy Director, Investis, said: "We have seen online traffic from smartphones and tablets double in the last year and it now accounts for on average of one in ten visitors to corporate websites. Meeting the specific demands and opportunities of touch screen devices is becoming increasingly important as traffic goes mobile. Stagecoach Group is leading from the front with its new apps."
The Stagecoach Group Media and Investor app can be downloaded from the App Store.
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK's biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 7,700 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
- Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 1,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Budget coach service megabus.com links more than 80 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, as well as tours, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.
- Investis is Europe’s leading specialist in digital corporate communications for public companies. Established in 2000, the company works with over 1,000 companies in 30 countries across the globe, from the smallest companies to the largest, including more than 50% of the FTSE100. The company’s headquarters are in London, with additional offices in Germany, Italy, Finland and India.